“How to prepare for SBI PO exams in 30 days/ 2 months, What SBI PO study plan to follow, What is the syllabus for SBI PO exams” are some of the common questions asked by candidates getting ready for SBI PO exams 2017.The huge competition for these jobs is the main reason for applicants to look for a perfect SBI PO exam preparation strategy.
2313 PO vacancies are to be filled as part of SBI PO recruitment 2017 & the selection process involves two phases
- Phase I – Preliminary Exam
- Phase II – Main Exam
Since the prelims exam is to be conducted on April 29, 30 & May 6,7th we are publishing a very detailed SBI PO 2017 study plan to help you prepare in 60 days.
Before proceeding further, let us take a look at the exam syllabus along with the topics to cover in each section.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
Many freshers want to know about how to crack sbi po exam in their first attempt.Our answer to them is – Know the SBI PO exam pattern first.The prelims test comprises of:
- 1 hour time limit
- 3 sections
- 100 questions | 100 marks
As this prelims paper does not have GK section, you can concentrate only on the following 3 core subjects.
Quantitative Aptitude: This section will have 35 questions from the following chapters:
- Numbers – Basics of Number Systems; HCF & LCM; Simplication; Number Series
- Arithmetic – Averages & Allegations; Ratio & Proportion; Percentage, Profit & Loss; Simple & Compound Interest; Age Problems; Speed, Time & Distance; Time & Work
- Modern Math – Probability; Permutations & Combinations
- Geometry – Mensuration (question around area, perimeter and volume)
- DI – Data Interpretation & Data sufficiency
It is very likely that DI will be part of QA as most PO exams including IBPS PO refer to this section as “Quantitative Aptitude” but a significant portion of it is dedicated to DI questions.
Reasoning: It will have 35 questions asked from the below topics:
- Analytical Reasoning – Seating Arrangements, Grouping, Selection, Matching etc
- Other Verbal Reasoning – Blood Relations, Coding-decoding, Input-Output, Critical Reasoning (Statement-Assumption, Strong & Weak Arguments, Courses of Action), Direction Sense, Venn diagrams.
While the level of questions shall be of easy to moderate level, each correct answer fetches you 1 mark.
English: This section shall contain 30 questions from the following areas:
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading Comprehension
It is compulsory to pass in each section by scoring the necessary prelims cutoffs.Each wrong answer will fetch you 0.25 negative mark too.
SBI PO Study Plan
A comprehensive SBI PO study plan has been designed based on the latest syllabus & importance of topics.
Reading the table:The topic colors tell you the expected no. of questions from a specific topic.
The mentioned time in the plan is for an entire week & not for 1 day.It also recommends allotting 25% of the time for learning & 75% for practice.